Monday, July 14, 2008

Straight Talk from a Two-year old

So, McKinlee has been hilarious lately and I had decided to share some of these funny moments for all of you.

1. She has been calling her dad "Shrek" and me "Fiona" (it comes out 'iona'). Her dad does not think this is too funny.

2. On the way home from Salt Lake we stopped for pizza. She ate and everything seemed to have settled just fine. We get on the road and hear what we thought was McKinlee throwing up. We both jerked around to find her, to our relief, not covered in puke, but instead she must have had a little come up into her mouth. She simply looks at us and says "Yummmm...Pizza!".

3. She loves chocolate milk, but she calls it 'chocolate juicy'. She will ask for it nicely once, and then she brings out the demon voice and her eyes get all scary and serious as if she is staring into the depths of your soul and she yells "I want my chocolate juicy!"...needless to say, she gets it.

4. She has been watching way too much Diego....Her dad takes her to the store, and you must keep in mind that there are many many Mexicans that are at the grocery store, and all of a sudden she points and yells "Diego". Jared looks around and to his embarassment he sees a Mexican man...not the best way to be fellowshiping our neighbors.

5. She loves to cook for us in her pretend kitchen, and she loves rocks. Those two don't make the best combination...We get plates of rocks that she insists we taste.

6. So today she had Cindrella playing and she was running around the house playing with things, not really watching the movie. Well, all of a sudden she must have heard the prince say something becuase she ran out of the room yelling "I'm coming Prince, I'm coming Prince!" She is such a girl....

7. This isn't very funny, but too cute not to share. She is the only little girl I know that asks to go to bed. She will just look at you and say "Night Night" and that is the end of it..we lay her down and she is out.

8. Safety first in our house....When we get in the car, before we can even sit down and get adjusted, McKinlee is in the backseat yelling "Mommy seatbelt, Daddy seatbelt!" She will not stop until both of us are buckled up. Who needs those annoying beepers in cars to tell you to buckle up when you have a two year old!

9. Jared has been taking the fireman classes lately and because of this it has make McKinlee obssessed with fireman (a little early don't you think?!).. Well, on Saturday Jared was able to help put out his first fire. (it was a controlled burn for training purposes, but still, it was a fire!) McKinlee, Logan and I went to watch it and to see if we could make out who daddy was. McKinlee loved every second of it and she is still talking about it. We can't mention the word fire without her starting to talk about "Smoke in eyes" "Smoke in nose"...and this will go on FOREVER! We finally have had to quit mentioning it in front of her because she demands that you discuss the smoke with her.

10. We have been teaching McKinlee how to say prayers and she is now saying them all by herself with only a little coaching here and there. They are the cutest things EVER. She hasn't realized to close your eyes during the prayer, though, so many of the things that she says she is grateful for are random objects found around the room...such as..."Grateful for pen..gratful for horse, cow, sheep and barn, grateful for silky (her blanket)" She of course mentions all by herself that she is grateful for "mommy, daddy, baby 'ogan, church, grandma, grandpa, juju, nana, papa, sheba and koka". There is nothing better than watching your child learn how to talk to their Heavenly Father. This has to be my favorite thing she has done this year. I know her Heavenly Father hears every word she says and I am sure he even chuckles once in a while.

Those are all I will write right now, but I am sure there will be many more that follow. Many of you weren't around when McKinlee was just a tiny baby so I have made a small slide show to show you how cute she has always been!

9 comments:

Kathryn and Johnny said...

Love it! They can say so much and you can't help but laugh. I think sometimes that is what helps on rough days. I just have to focus more on the little things they say and do then the annoying things that Mary and JD can do.

The Colson's said...

I think that Caleb and Mckinlee look a like from her baby pics!! No wonder people think Caleb is a girl!! Anyway, I will be at my mom's on the 26th...I'd love for y'all to come if you can!! You can just come and hang out at my parents house and bring swimsuits to take the kiddos swimming!! Let me know if this will work our for y'all!! We'll have a little picnic with sandwiches and yummy things!! Let me know because my hope are starting to go up!!!
Love ya, Jenna

Anonymous said...

AMEN! From just one member of the McKinlee fan club I can honestly and without bias say she is the cutest little girl ever! I love to hang out with her because she just makes me laugh at the things that pop out of her mouth. She's smart and remembers everything. For being her age she communicates very well. The greatest thing about McKinlee is she has so much love in that heart of hers. She has room enough to love everyone that is in her life. I hope that is one of those heavenly gifts she keeps all through her life.
Love to you all, Nana

Burke family said...

Kids say the funniest things! I love it! She is such a cutie!

Alison said...

Those are hilarious! Gotta love the thoughts of 2-year olds. Those will be priceless one day! And I can't believe how much she looks like Logan when she's a baby! I love the picture of her on her first Easter.

The Amayesings said...

What a doll! Tell "Shrek" he is WAYYY more handsome than his namesake! Heidi, you are perfect "Iona".

Amber said...

Heidi - I love McKinlee! She comes up with some good ones. I can imagine what fun things she is going to tell you as a teenager!! You have the cutest little family.

Lisa M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi! I didnt know how else to get a hold of ya but I just wanted to tell you that Aug is a good time to get the starter kit because you get the spring/summer and the fall/winter smells- anyways, if you have any ? email me- gilberin@msn.com
Erin- P.S. cute blog!