Thursday, August 21, 2008

4 months, silly kids, Yellowstone

So Logan is now 4 1/2 months. I took him to his Dr. appt. and he weighs 15 lbs 3 oz and fits exactly into the 50th percentile. Jared is happy to know that his head is only in the 45th percentile...so no, my child doesn't have a HUGE head! He had his shots and did just great! McKinlee has been doing some pretty silly stuff lately. Some nights she insists on wearing 'mommy jammies'...so I have to go rummage around until I find a shirt that doesn't drown her completely, and that is what she wears to bed. Now me being the paranoid mom that I am have to go strip her down in the middle of the night because I am just convinced that she is going to get all tangled up in the shirt and suffocate or something....me just being a little crazy! We have also started feeding Logan cereal, and he loves it! McKinlee insists on 'helping' feed. She has her own spoon and everything. Good thing Logan is so easy going, because he deals with the spoon in his eye or jammed in his cheek very well!
Mommy Jammies
Feeding Logan



We also took a spontaneous trip to Yellowstone last weekend. We left after Jared's graduation and came home Sunday. My parents were able to come with us and had a great time. Since my mom had to start school again (she is a 6th grade teacher) this week it was her last harrah before she had to get to work. We actually saw a bear! It was awesome! It was eating a buffalo in the river...way cool! McKinlee loved every bit of it, but of course her favorite animals were the chipmunks. A girl after my own heart! Jared was excited to take her to the mud volcano called the Dragon's cave or something like that. It is his favorite thing in the park, and McKinlee didn't disappoint him. She loved it! She is still asking to go see the dragon! Fun, quick trip!

Dad and McKinlee in front of the Dragon's Cave

5 comments:

swtelford said...

K, Love the bib, that is a crack up! What a fancy little helper, I notice she is all accessorized!

The Amayesings said...

Sounds like fun! What cuties, your kids.

Logan and Tanya said...

congrats, Jared! And the trips look like sooo much fun!

Alison said...

Looks like you've been having some fun! I love that you let McKinlee help feed Logan! My kids can't wait until Brenner can eat real food, I catch them trying to give him tastes of crackers, ice cream, bananas, etc! Ahhh! And congrats on your fireman husband! Kyler will love to see those pictures of him.

P.S. Kyler loved the note you sent in the mail! That was so thoughtful of you!

Ann-Marie said...

I love the bib. It is so funny. Cute pics of Logan and McKinlee too.