Monday, June 2, 2008

Fishing and Swimming and Such

So the past couple weeks haven't been too eventful. Actually, life has been GREAT! It has been nice not HAVING to go anywhere but being able to just be at home as a family. In fact, we don't have any plans for the next month and that is absolutely wonderful! The weather hasn't been all that great; pretty cold and soggy. So there hasn't been too much outside time, but McKinlee has had the chance to go fishing with her daddy and her Grandma and Grandpa Colson. She loves the fish and does the cutest 'wiggle' to immitate them! Last week we went to Poky for Jared's last day of jury duty! Yippy!! His year term is over! Anyways, we stayed in a hotel so McKinlee could go swimming and of course she loved every second! I sure wish there was some place that would let a 2 year old take swimming lessons. She is fearless! Jared and I were throwing her to each other and letting her fall into the pool...all the way in, head and all. She would go under the water and come up counting '1...2...3...' ready to be thrown again. It was great! Logan is growing like crazy and changing every day. He is an absolute joy and a great baby. He is so mellow and easy going. Well here are a couple pictures from the last couple weeks.


Logan chillin' in his swing.



McKinlee checking out the lastest catch with her Grandpa Colson


McKinlee under the big waterfall at the hotel. She didn't mind it one bit!


Swimming with mom and dad. It was all we could do to keep a hold of her!


Logan in his cute new swimsuit with Grandpa Mayes!


Logan and Grandma Mayes watching McKinlee and mom and dad swim


McKinlee with Grandma Colson throwing rocks off the dock at the fishing pond


Of course she can't pick the small, managable rocks, but instead the biggest one she can carry!

9 comments:

Adam C said...

I don't think everyone's wearing enough Rice U merchandise in these pictures.

Burke family said...

Looks like tons of fun. Isn't is nice sometimes just to have no schedule and be able to just live life together. I'd love to see a video clip of her fishy move. Sounds too cute!

Christine Williams said...

Adorable. Hey, I'm sure you already know this, but there are mommy-n-me swim lessons in Jackson, and I think Teton Springs may be doing it also. I need to check into it, too. Not that our summer isn't already crammed, but my girls are like fish, too!

Brandi said...

That is just so cute! I know I said this last time I commented, but you kids are just so DARN CUTE!!! I am a home body, so those kind of weeks are fun for me!

How lucky to have a waterfall in the hotel pool, usually you are lucky if it is bigger then you are!

Logan and Tanya said...

I love it! Way to go with the rock throwing...impressive! And Logan is growing! I can't believe I haven't even seen him yet!

Amber said...

Hey Heidi! I am just trying out the blogging thing. I love the pictures. Your little man is so cute. McKinlee is growing up, I sure miss her in nursery.

Brandi said...

Heidi, I would love to do some vinyl for you! I could absolutely come over and help out with some ideals if you want. I need to get my butt in gear with my website, but there are so many sites that will give great inspirations for you. Let me know what I can help with ! Thanks tons

Crazy Phillips Momma said...

Logan in his swing is adorable. McKinlee is growing up way to fast. It seems like yesterday that you guys moved here.

Alison said...

Little Logan is growing so fast! I can't believe in a few weeks Brenner will look so grown up too. It will be fun for them to grow up together and be cute little Primary friends. Fun swimming pictures!